Careless smoking cause of fatal Batavia fire

Fire investigators in Batavia have determined that an apartment fire that killed a 58-year-old man early yesterday morning was the result of careless smoking.

Lt. Jay Steinbrenner of the City of Batavia Fire Department reported that Gary Horner died of carbon monoxide poisoning as a result of the fire at 5 Dellinger Ave.

Horner lived in a second-floor apartment at the address. When firefighters arrived on scene shortly after 3 yesterday morning, they found a fire that was contained to Horner’s bedroom. The firefighters found Horner and pulled him outside the burning building, but determined that he had already died.

source: democratandchronicle.com

Similar Posts:

    None Found

Comments are closed.