Posts Tagged ‘carbon monoxide poisoning’

Poorly burning charcoal in hookah pipe may contribute to carbon monoxide poisoning

SAGINAW TWP. — How hookah smokers handle the charcoal in the water pipe may contribute to carbon monoxide intake. If the charcoal is not burning well, it can release higher amounts of carbon monoxide, said Dr. James Cogbill, an emergency department physician at St. Mary’s of Michigan Towne Centre, 3677 Towne Center in Saginaw Township. Habib Kheil, owner of Yasmeen’s Mediterranean Foods at 3545 Bay in Saginaw Township, which sells some hookah products, agreed. ... read more >>

Careless smoking cause of fatal Batavia fire

Fire investigators in Batavia have determined that an apartment fire that killed a 58-year-old man early yesterday morning was the result of careless smoking. ... read more >>